Raegan has not been feeling well since Saturday. She had a low grade fever, not eating or drinking real well and was teething. Sunday the fever got worse...still not eating or drinking much and it appears she has 4 teeth coming in. Poor thing. So yesterday morning we woke up and she had a fever of 102.5; my inlaws came to watch her so I could go to work for a bit and then yesterday afternoon we spent an hour in the doctor's office. At this point she didn't have a fever and everything looked fine no drainage in the ears or anything. So they decide to do a finger prick to test the blood cell counts. Not a good idea taking a tired baby and pricking her finger trying to get enough blood out of it to test the white cell count. It was TERRIBLE. She screamed bloody murder, I have bruises in my legs from her toes trying to get away from it all. Even afterwards there was no comforting her. So the diagnoses is a viral infection...not much we can do but wait it out and keep tylenol in her.
So last night was a very rough night. No sleep for anyone pretty much. Joe's parents are watching Rae again this morning and then I get afternoon duty!!! I really hope she gets to feeling better soon - she looks so pathetic sick. But I do love the extra cuddles I am getting right now!!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment