A year ago today I was readmitted to the hospital for high blood pressure for the 2nd time in a week. I was nervous and excited too, awaiting the arrival of Raegan. We were not sure what the cause of the high blood pressure was, we had already been through the urine tests and there was no protein in my urine. Once I got a room they did another ultra sound and discovered that the fluid around the baby was low, and just pretty much said that that sealed the deal and I would have surgery "today" (July 16th). Yeah right, I sat waiting and waiting for hours on end couldn't eat or drink anything not even ice chips. Couldn't even take medication for a headache that developed due to the stress and not eating. It really sucked. I almost had a panic attack, I started minor contractions, and broke down crying on several occassions. Every time the nurse came in I thought we were heading for surgery and every time I was disappointed. Seems they had an influx of OB patients that day and had more pressing surgeries to do than to deliver our baby.
The only good part about not having Raegan on the 16th was that my folks managed to make it down early on the 17th and too had to wait hours for Raegan's arrival.
It's not easy being in the hosptial, waiting for what seems to be eternity for the new arrival. It also was not easy being away from Alli, poor thing had no idea what was going on. The 16th of July 2007 was the first day of 11 very long days filled with much joy and as well as sorrow and grief.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment