Disney Channel had High School Musical 1 & 2 playing back to back friday night and we caught the tail end of #1 which was ending about 8pm. Alli was so excited that we told her she could stay up and watch #2; afterall there was nothing on TV, Raegan was already in bed and I was exhausted. So about 9:15 I decided I had enough and was ready for bed (yes I know, way to early for a Friday night). So I asked Alli if she wanted to finish watching in our bed...and that's always a treat. So upstairs we went. I was half watching HSM2 and half trying to sleep when I heard Alli sniffle, asked her if she was okay...she said fine. Then a minute or two later she burst out crying her heart out asking "what about her necklace?" You see it was the scene where Troy and Gabriella break up and Alli was worried about where the necklace was, was sad that they were breaking up. I tried really hard not to laugh and to comfort her, but she was sobbing uncontrollably. Joe comes racing upstaris not knowing what was going on and when I told him the story I could just see the smirk on his face. Although Alli has seen the movie a thousand times she still gets upset when they break up, even knowing that they get back together at the end of the movie. Daddy finally got her calmed down by explaining that it's only TV and they will get back together. She took comfort in that and watched the rest of the movie, when it was over I asked her if she was okay knowing that T&G were a "couple" again and she said yes, gave me a kiss and went to sleep!
So Alli gets her emotional side honestly. I am a very emotional person...I cry at:
-sappy movies
-weddings
-baby/brial showers
- at the St. Jude's radio telethon
- sappy/emotional songs
-reading stranger's blogs about the loss of a child
-reading stranger's blogs about their adoption process
But I never thought I would have to deal with an emotional 4 1/2 year old the way I have. She is a very strong willed individual with a lot of charater. She's amazing.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment